Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Why Lainey????






Last night we once again went up Millcreek Canyon for dinner and family home evening. We invited some friends and the Kingsleys joined us. We had an awesome dutch oven dinner of chicken and rice and raspberry cobbler.

The kids had a very fun time playing and were eagerly collecting firewood so we could roast some marshmallows. The kids were playing and having fun when I heard Lainey start to cry, I saw that she was walking towards us but not breathing (as my children like to do). I called to Lance to tell her she was not breathing because I knew he could get to her faster. I yelled to Lainey stop walking, as she was headed for a short but steep hill. Lance got to her just as she fell over backwards just like a tree. What was wrong you ask?? She had walked into a tree and got a very nice scrape and 3 gauges in her cheek for her troubles.

We then decided to clean up camp and head home. Lainey seemed just as upset about leaving before family home evening and marshmallows than being hurt.

She had some dirt and bark in the gauges that needed to be cleaned out and we didn't have anything up there to do it with. When we got home we showed to to Brandie my wonderful next door neighbor and friend who also works as a nurse. She gave us some ideas about how to get it cleaned out. Thanks Brandie!!! After a blessing to calm her down and some Ibuprofen she slept all night.
Before Lainey's accident the kids also had a great time wading in the creek.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Your poor little kids like to get hurt, don't they?! I love how you guys seem to be up Millcreek Canyon as much as you can!...Our family needs to do that more (now that Karli is more free to go out and about!). Cari, how is everything going?! I need to call you and see how you are doing!

R Clan said...

That just didn't look pretty. The passing out thing isn't very fun either. We really should try to get up there one time. I am really bummed that we didn't go camping this summer. I love going up the canyons.

T.A.T.I Crew said...

Uh, Cari? You need to put a disclaimer on your blog that states something to the effect of...

"We are not responsible for any persons becoming queezy or light headed following the reading and/or viewing of the posts below."

I think there is more blood and bruises on this blog than an episode of CSI.

;)

Send my love to little Lainey.

Dan and Melissa said...

Sorry Lainey. Katie wants to know if you're okay? We miss you guys and can't wait to see you again. Seriously, it doesn't seem fair when I kids get hurt randomly like that. It seems to happen to Sharon a lot (boo hoo not fun!)