Thursday, August 18, 2011
Monday, July 11, 2011
So I know it has been a while and you all thought Cari no longer blogs...... Well I haven't wanted to give it up but sometimes things just fall by the wayside. So here are the updates for the Jessups
Gordon is about to turn 3 and gets into everything!!! He loves sword fighting, running up to his dad on the stand on Sundays, Ninja Turtles, Cars, Skateboards (he has been asking for one for months for his birthday). He says funny things like the other day when we walked into my in-laws house and he promptly calls out "Ok where are the old people?" He thinks there are cars in his tummy and if he eats his boogers then it helps them come out. Gross I know..... He is just discovering that friends his age can be fun.
Lilly, has finished preschool and is eager to start Kindergarten. She is very excited to be going to a brand new school. We are trying to get her to stop sucking her thumb but things are not going well in that department. Lilly was a light bulb in her dance concert this year with the theme being inventions. She loves riding her bike without training wheels. Which she learned to do the same day as her big sister.
Lance, is settling into his new church calling and trying his best to cover it all. He got to spend a week home with the kids while I was at girls camp. He is eagarly looking forward to scout camp and Youth Conference. I must say I am a little jealous :). Work is going well and there is talk about possibly sending him to Japan, although it is looking less and less. A couple of weeks before his birthday we found out he has a blood clot in his leg about the whole length of his leg. He said he wasn't having any trouble turning 30 but he did have a hard time turning 30 on blood thinners.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
For Lance's 30th birthday I have compiled a list of 30 things you might not now about Lance. Here goes :)
1. He doesn’t like chunkies in his ice cream
2. He doesn’t usually use nicknames
3. He is very shy
4. He is an excellent defenseman in roller hockey
5. He doesn’t like chocolate (unless it’s the good Swiss stuff)
6. He loves rice crispy treats
7. He is 9 months younger than me.
8. He stuck his foot through his mom’s hutch glass while trying to use the hutch as a balance beam
9. When he was 3 his parents had to padlock the fridge door.
10. He broke the padlock on the fridge door.
11. He love cheese but if he eats a sharp or aged cheese his cheeks turn red.
12. He got his degree from Weber State but only went on campus to graduate.
13. Every night he is home he reads to Lilly at bedtime.
14. He takes the kids out on their birthdays for a Daddy Date.
15. I believe he is 18th of 36 grandkids on his dad’s side.
16. His first name is Gordon
17. He doesn’t watch sports on TV.
18. He likes playing strategy games like: Settlers of Cattan, Carcassone and Ticket to Ride.
19. He still has all his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle toys.
20. He still has all his legos in their original boxes.
21. He talks in his sleep and says really funny things
22. He has traveled outside the US to: India, Singapore, Germany and England.
23. He has driven on the Autoban
24. When he was a kid he got to go back East with his grandmother for like 2 weeks.
25. He still likes watching G.I. Joe and Transformer Cartoons.
26. He went to Hawaii on a scout trip.
27. He is nervous to conduct his first sacrament meeting on Sunday.
28. He does the majority of the laundry.
29. He loves tunnels , caverns, anything underground that he can explore. He love to hike.
30. He is the best husband and father EVER!! He takes such good care of us.
I love you!! Happy Birthday Lance!!(This is Lance touching the creepy stuffed Hyena at a museum in St. George)
Friday, February 4, 2011
I didn't realize how blurry they were till after she left, we literally had like 10 seconds to get her out the door!
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
At one point in time when Lilly was trying to stop sucking her thumb, she gained a little friend, named Baby Jaguar. She is a right cute little kitty that has become a big source of comfort to Lilly. When I asked Lilly what she wanted to be for Halloween: Baby Jaguar. When I asked Lilly what kind of Birthday party she wanted this year: Baby Jaguar. I let the girls paint and decorate a picture frame for Valentines, when I asked Lilly what she wanted to put in her frame, can you guess what her response was? That is right!! BABY JAGUAR!!! She love this little cuddly kitty and you can see by the permenant dirt ground into her furr. So we did a photo shoot of BJ and here are some of the pics.