Monday, July 11, 2011

updates



So I know it has been a while and you all thought Cari no longer blogs...... Well I haven't wanted to give it up but sometimes things just fall by the wayside. So here are the updates for the Jessups

Gordon is about to turn 3 and gets into everything!!! He loves sword fighting, running up to his dad on the stand on Sundays, Ninja Turtles, Cars, Skateboards (he has been asking for one for months for his birthday). He says funny things like the other day when we walked into my in-laws house and he promptly calls out "Ok where are the old people?" He thinks there are cars in his tummy and if he eats his boogers then it helps them come out. Gross I know..... He is just discovering that friends his age can be fun.

Lilly, has finished preschool and is eager to start Kindergarten. She is very excited to be going to a brand new school. We are trying to get her to stop sucking her thumb but things are not going well in that department. Lilly was a light bulb in her dance concert this year with the theme being inventions. She loves riding her bike without training wheels. Which she learned to do the same day as her big sister.
Easter Sunday
Lainey, finished 1st grade with flying colors. She is reading way above her grade and is loving chapter books. She devours them pretty quickly. She is not so sure about the new school because she is sad about the friends she is leaving behind at Oakcrest. She also started Piano lessons this spring and seems to have a natural affinity for it. In 2 months she breezed through her first book.
A ride in a stage coach
Cari , So I have been released as YW's president when Lance was called to the Bishopric. This has given me a lot more time to work on and develop some new skills and talents. Such as refinishing furniture and a little graphic design. I still got to go girls camp on the cooking crew. It was a different experience but I still had a blast. Last but not least I am expecting baby number 4. And once again I seem to be having a severe implantation bleed. I have been down for about 4 days and today we should hopefully find out more what is going on. I am about 7 weeks and the baby is the size of a blueberry.


Lance, is settling into his new church calling and trying his best to cover it all. He got to spend a week home with the kids while I was at girls camp. He is eagarly looking forward to scout camp and Youth Conference. I must say I am a little jealous :). Work is going well and there is talk about possibly sending him to Japan, although it is looking less and less. A couple of weeks before his birthday we found out he has a blood clot in his leg about the whole length of his leg. He said he wasn't having any trouble turning 30 but he did have a hard time turning 30 on blood thinners.
Daddy sick on Fathers Day
So that is our update, if we still have any readers left :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Your kids are getting so big! Can you believe we have 7 year olds? Congrats on baby #4! I hope things are okay! And I hope Lance is doing well too. We miss you guys!

Julie said...

P.S. Thanks for the update!