Monday, July 7, 2008

It's finally done!!!

The bunk beds for the girls are finally done. Our original goal was to have me make them for Christmas, but since Cari got put on bed rest for the week before Christmas break I was only able to make the bottom one. I was finally able to finish the top bunk this last week while being off work. I actually finished them last week, but we had to wait 2 full days for the protective finish to dry - it was agonizing for all of us.
The girls were so excited they just couldn't stop playing on them. They almost drove me crazy asking when they could play on it as I put it together in their room.

Lilly's matching bed set is on way, but didn't make it in time oh well she doesn't mind at all. She's just excited for her "big girl bed."

The girls were so excited about their beds they actually got ready for bed and were in bed before we usually even start our night time routine. We didn't complain. :-)

Of course, no project is complete with out work in progress pictures. The girls wanted to help all the time. They actually did a pretty good job.

This was my first bed from scratch. It was a lot of fun. Now on to the next project.... :-)

5 comments:

Caroline Kingsley said...

Can't believe you made that, Lance. Looks so good!

R Clan said...

Way cool! The bed is awesome.

And for the previous post...Those flip flops look sweet!

Dan and Melissa said...

The bed is beautiful...I can't believe he did that. Go Lance!

Jane said...

Those beds are amazing, way to go Lance. Those are so well built and sturdy, I love them.

Kristi said...

How exciting to see the beds done! It looks SO good! I bet your girls LOVE sleeping now!