Wednesday, April 9, 2008

So Blessed

I'm sitting here watching Idol Gives Back, and feeling so blessed. Earlier tonight I was feeling run down and worn out. Wallowing a little in self pity about Lance being gone. As I'm watching this and seeing so many so less fortunate than us, I can't help but be a little humbled. I see how very blessed we are to live in such a good community, that we are able to buy the foods we want, the clothes we want, the shoes we want. So many in this world just want. I am so humbled. I see these children in Africa that are orphans. I think about my own 2 beautiful children, how it would kill me to see them go through some of those things. It brings tears to my eyes and a prayer to my heart. I thank my Heavenly Father for all that I have. I'm so blessed. It is so unfortunate that I forget these things so often. I'm glad for humbling experiences that help me to remember to be more grateful. I'm also grateful to belong to a church that does so much to help others, within our own community and through out the world. Sorry for the sap fest, but I couldn't help myself. And hopefully it will be a few more days before I have another pity party!

3 comments:

Jane said...

I thought the same things when I watched it. It moved me so much I made a donation. I have never done that before.

Caroline Kingsley said...

You're half-way through Lance being gone, right? You're such a good trooper. I don't think I would do half as well if Mike were gone half as long, and you have 2.5 kids to boot. Uhm, not literally to boot. Although, at this point you're probably about ready to, right? ;)

Hello! said...

Me, you and Jane should have just watched this together. We would have made a good lookin' crowd.