Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Any Suggestions??

I need some help. We have moved Lilly out of her crib and into a big girl bed. She is now sharing a room with Lainey. When it comes time to go to bed we put them in bed, and Lilly just won't stay in her bed. She is falling asleep about 1- 1 1/2 hours after she was, and waking up an hour earlier with her sister. She is missing out on precious sleep. I have tried moving up her nap so she will be tired earlier, but it isn't working. As I type she has been back there for 1 hour and 15 minutes, and is still showing no signs of going to sleep. This sleep deprived 2 year old is getting out of hand and becoming extremely cranky. This in turn makes her already sleep deprived pregnant mom a little on the cranky side too. Any advise would be great!!!

4 comments:

R Clan said...

It's obviously different with every child. With Braxton we pretty much had to sit there and read him a few books and just wait for him to fall asleep. With Samantha we read her maybe one book and she would stay in bed. With Tayden Corey still has to sit...I mean lay with him until he falls asleep or he would be up and down. We also would play music for the older two sometimes and that helped them to stay in bed and go to sleep.

Hello! said...

Rub a little whisky onto her gums and she'll be knocked out in no time... oh wait, I mean...

Love her and cuddle her and strap her to her bed. Would you like to borrow one of my kennels? I just throw a blanket over them when they start to get noisy.

Jane said...

I wish I had a solution for you. Good luck, that is so frustrating! Maybe she is outgrowing naps at an early age, Julia hasn't napped since she was two and then would go to bed very early. Please let my twins nap until kindergarten =) Maybe I will try Sandy's suggestion of whisky if they do. ha ha

Brandie said...

Cari,
Children try our patience especially when a new one is on the way. Each one of my kids in anticipation of a new member of the family went through the same thing. I just lay by them. Peyton I had to lay by for a lot longer then Dalton but she is a lot more well crazy, as you know. And like Jane said she is probably done napping. That is how my kids were. Good luck!