Saturday, April 5, 2008

Singapore

I leave from Singapore to India tomorrow. Luckily, I got a chance to wander around Singapore a bit. They have tons and tons and tons of malls. A large majority of them are connected and one could easily get lost. Good thing I had a lot of time because it took me a while to find the exit.

The streets are lined with beautiful green vegetation everywhere. It is absolutely gorgeous.

This is a statue of a general Qin Shu Sao from the Thang (I think) dynasty in400 or 600 AD (somewhere around there). He and another general are thought to be guards of entrances and are located at each entrance of the Hilton.


Tonight I went to the Night Safari, http://www.nightsafari.com.sg/. Basically, it is like a Zoo but you walk around in the jungle via a thin path in the dark. A bit spooky, but pretty fun. I kept thinking it would be fun to have the girls here. Of course, I think Lainey may have been a bit scared. Unfortunately, since it is dark you can't really get any pictures. Here are a few.
I also caught the end of a tribal dancing show. Awesome!

1 comment:

R Clan said...

Aren't you supposed to be working?? Looks like a lot of fun. It's fun to see all these things so thanks for sharing.