Friday, April 11, 2008

Kids are kids no matter where they are from

Tonight a co-worker had myself, Brian (another co-worker from Salt Lake), and the other people I have been working with over for dinner. First of all, I must say - delicious. I do wonder if they toned down the spice just for us, because all the other food I have eaten has some spice in it. Either way the food was great. I was a bit worried I was going to explode though because they just kept piling on the food. I would ask for small amount of rice to go with the little bit of food I had left. Then they would give me 1-2 big scopes. It didn't take too long for someone else to notice I had more rice then the rest of the food and the I would get a couple more scoops of the rest of the food and the cycle kept repeating. All very good and I had a fun time.

My co-worker, Saravana, has a 4 year girl (soon to be 5 on the 23rd). At first she was terrified and being very shy around Brian and I. By the end she was showing us her birthday clothes and kept saying thanks for coming over. It was so fun to watch the same mannerisms in her that I see in my girls. I actually gave the camera to her to take some pictures. Unfortunately, I still had the flash off from the night safari so many didn't turn out. Here are a couple including one of her. I loved her dress, especially her birthday dress (not pictured). Girls are great! Lainey wanted to see the pictures. Here you go sweetie....

1 comment:

Hello! said...

I'm confessing a total blonde moment~
When I first read this post I thought it was from Cari and I was thinking " #1- You work in Salt Lake?? Huh? and #2- That was nice for someone to babysit your kids so you can go out with your coworkers to dinner while Lance is out of the country."

Seriously. Sometimes I really am a blondie.