Thursday, March 20, 2008

Why you don't let a two year old ride in the basket of the Cart


Today we needed to go to Target to get somethings for a project I needed to finish. When we got there Lilly asked to ride in the basket of the cart. I told her ok, but gave her explicate instructions to not put anything I put back there in her mouth. I picked up a couple bottles of Baby Magic lotion and wash (they are the best). We continued to pick up the rest of the things that we needed. Lilly was doing very good at not putting the items in her mouth. What I didn't notice was that she had been unscrewing the cap on the lotion. As we got up to the check out, Lilly picked up the bottle gave it one last twist of the cap, and let go with the other hand that was holding the bottle. Down went the bottle while the cap remained in her hand. It hit the bottom of the cart and sent a shower of lotion into the air. Both of the girls had it all over in their hair. I just sat there stunned trying not to overreact. I must say that I remained very calm, payed for my items and left the store. The bad part about the lotion in the hair was that we were having pictures taken of the girls this afternoon, and I had already done their hair for the pictures. This my friends is the reason we don't let 2 year olds ride in the basket of the cart. Sorry there are no pictures alas the camera was at home.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I'm sorry that happened to you...way to go at staying calm(especially with pictures the same day)! I don't know what I would have done, today I probably wouldn't have been so calm :)