Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patricks Day



Greetings from the Emerald Isle, ( I wish). Today is St. Patricks Day celebrating the patron saint of Ireland. For more info on the holiday go here http://www.history.com/minisites/stpatricksday/
Today when the girls got up from their nap they found little tiny foot prints leading from the front door to the oven. The leprechans had visited while the girls were sleeping and brought them a wee bit of Irish luck, some green m&ms and a green bracelet. They really don't quite understand what this is all about, I'm not even sure I do, but they had fun in their green today. They even had the chance to pinch their Uncle Chris who came over and wasn't wearing green. They weren't quite sure they wanted to do that. Here is a phrase in Gaelic.

PHRASE:  Ta suil agam go bhfuil tu i mbarr na slainte
PRONOUNCED: taw su-ill ah-gum guh will tu ih marr nah slawn-che
MEANING: I hope you are in the best of health

May you all have a happy and lucky day!

2 comments:

R Clan said...

How cute was that!?! I wish I still wasn't feeling cruddy so I could have done all the stuff I planned. I didn't even get to make the green pancakes I make my kids every year. There is always next year.

Kristi said...

what a fun idea...I love the little feet! Your girls look adorable in their green!