Tuesday, March 4, 2008

We might be out of woods....well maybe not

As Cari mentioned last week the girls have been sick and the doctor wasn't sure what it was. Well Saturday night we called the on call doctor and he said based on the symptoms it sounds like the flu. Poor Lainey has just been coughing and coughing. Given the fact that they most likely had the flu the girls weren't allowed to go to church which was really sad because Lainey was supposed to give her very first talk in Primary. She was sad, but luckily she was okay with the fact that she would be able to give a talk another time.

Of course, it is now Tuesday. Lilly has been doing better since last Friday and luckily today Lainey has been doing a lot better. Hopefully, she does well tonight. Cari actually spent a large part of Saturday night in the bed with Lainey just comforting her because that is all we could do. No medication seemed to touch the cough. I spent part of the night in Lainey's bed on Sunday night and when I returned to my bed I could tell I was starting to get sick. On top of that, Cari called me on Monday morning to let me know that she has pink eye. Lainey actually had pink eye a couple weeks ago too.

Poor Cari has spent all of yesterday and today trying to get some medication for her eye. The doctor's office wants her to have a specific brand of medication that is apparently new and very popular. The other common type (which we already have) isn't to be used. It turns out almost every pharmacy in the valley is out of it. The Pharmacist actually called the doctor's office yesterday and today asking if Cari could use a different medication because everyone is simply out. The doctor's office has been pretty firm. Luckily we knew of a Pharmacy over by Fashion Place mall were a friend works/worked that ended up having it. We just got it tonight.

Continuing with this trend, Cari is starting to feel a tickle in the back of her throat too. Also, at dinner tonight Cari pointed out that she thinks my right eye is starting to look a little red (I would argue they always are...).

Now by this point (if you are still reading) you are thinking man the Jessup household is a bummer and very depressing place to be. Let me try and add some humor to the situation, but first some background. In the last postI made reference to the fact that Cari wanted to fix my "Jessup eyebrow." First for those who don't know the "Jessup eyebrow" is that fuzzy, untamed, chunk of continuous hair that sits above both eyes. Notice I didn't say eyebrows, I used the singular form on purpose. As my dad says, "God only made a few perfect eyebrows, the rest he split in half." :-) Cari decided to trim this beast of a brow I have brewing (sorry Dad, I guess I will never compete with you, or Cari's grandpa Bill either - he had wire bristles - nice, very intimidating!) Anyway, Cari pinned me down with hopes of watching Gargoyles as a distraction (yes the cartoon show - go Gargoyles) and plucked away. After a painful period of time she declared she had tamed the savage beast, but made it very clear that she held back. She just took care of the scouts that were trying to claim new land. There was definitely name calling involved, I think she called me a baby somewhere along the way and few other names which bring tears to my eyes at the thought so I won't mention. :-) She of course also mentioned that she does this all the time and it isn't a big deal. Like any good man I pointed out that she is just silly and I prefer the lazy approach of not having to spend the time to "maintain" something that I born with. Besides, it was my first time.... and I was trying to watch my promised cartoon show when she kept jerking my head side ways - someone has to work on their bedside manner. :-)

The whole point of that long winded story - other then hopefully some form of entertainment which hopefully translates over - is to point out that Cari the possibly infected pink eye carrier was touching my face. Not only touching my face, but touching by my eyes. If I do have pink-eye I blame her! :-)

No comments: