Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oatmeal Lace Cookies




So many of you know I LOVE to bake. So this whole diet thing has been has been super hard for me!! I found this recipe online and decided to convert it into something that falls in the boundaries of my diet. All I can say is YUM! I will give you the regular recipe and the one I converted to be a little healthier. I hope you enjoy.

PS these are not my pictures.

Regular:
3/4 cup brown sugar (I think this is way too much sugar!!!)
1/2 cup butter softened
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup rolled oats

mix all together, spoon onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. They will flatten and get crispy.

Dipping Cream
3/4 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup sour cream
2tbsp sugar.
Whip all together until soft peaks form.

My adaptation

3 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter softened
1 1/2 cup rolled oats.

Follow same instructions as above

Dipping Cream
3/4 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 tbsp sugar

Follow same instructions as above.

My family couldn't get enough! And they were healthy! As I type Lance has informed me if I want anymore I had better do it quick. Plus they are a snap and fast! They taste great without the dipping cream as well!

No comments: