Saturday, June 28, 2008

To Picnic or Not to Picnic


Last Friday we decided it would be fun to take the girls up the canyon for a picnic and walk around a little bit. We kept it very simple (which for me is very difficult), Hot dogs, chips and marshmallows. While we were headed up the canyon, Lainey started complaining of a head ache. I thought she was just pretending, because Lilly had had one the day before. We got up there and walked around for a few minutes, and Lainey peppered us with her usual questions, we found a picnic spot and started unloading the car. Lainey climbed up to the picnic table and laid her head down, and just sat there. When we asked her what was wrong she would say "I don't know". I went over and felt her head and she was burning up with a fever. We decided to roast the dogs quickly and head back down. Lainey sat there very placidly, until mommy got out the marshmallows. She then felt a little better. We were able to take a few pictures before heading home. We were kinda bummed but intend to try again.

2 comments:

We are the Mayletts said...

How frustrating, poor Lilly! The pics are so cute it makes me want to go up there today. We should do a group picnic of sorts sometime. See you soon.

regibells said...

Poor lil girl! Where is that place?..It is calling my name! I love summer!