Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Moment for Lance


I'm feeling a little guilty that Lance's birthday and Fathers Day have passed without us mentioning our wonderful husband and dad!
Lance in India

I couldn't ask for a more perfect help mate. We seem to balance each other in every way. We were told when we got married to "Be ye equally yoked". Lance has taken this very seriously. He doesn't expect me to do anything he won't. He changes dirty diapers, and usually the puke. He gets up at night and comforts our children, and when he they won't calm down he will sing to them. He tells me he loves me all the time, and never leaves without kissing me and the girls. He gets up early in the morning to go in early so that he can come home earlier. He does this because I used to complain. He likes to be involved in everything the girls do. He will even do their hair when I'm not here.


He loves Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and still has all his figures from his childhood. Even though his wife keeps trying to get him to sell them. He recently has been trying to watch all the Star Trek movies, but can't seem to do it. Sometimes he has to travel all over the world, but he always makes sure he can get one phone call a day in while the girls are still awake, even if that means staying up very late where he is.
Lance in England

I could go on and on, but then you will just be sick from sappiness. We love this man so very much and just wanted to take a moment and spotlight him. I know he will be embarassed and maybe a little irritatedly pleased.

Love your Girls

3 comments:

Becki said...

I'm so excited, I didn't know you guys had a blog. We can be blogging buddies now. A pudding war sounds a lot messier than marshmallows, but I bet it would be fun. That was such a nice post about Lance! I'll have to find me a good guy like him one of these days :)

Hello! said...

Steve has the best picture of Lance on his phone. We took it in the foyer at church so that whenever he called us we knew not to answer... ha ha ha

Happy Belated Birthday Lance!

Jenna said...

Hi Cari, love the blog, so cute!! Go TMNT, I love that he loves them so much. Thanks again for the hair bows, and bracelets, Madison is so excited to wear them. I will send you an invite for our blog (it's private, i'm paranoid!!)