Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Shannon!


It is my dear sweet and like oldest friend Shannon's Birthday. I have been thinking about her all day and remembering so many things about her and things we have done together.
We have shared so much over the last 16 years.
Slurpees
Watertowers
Graveyards
lots of walking
speeding home to make sure you got there on time
Almost jumping out of bedroom windows,
fruit loop sandwiches (potato chip ones too!)
Droping pennies on peoples heads through holes in floors,
breakups with boyfriends
getting married
baby showers
having kids
having more kids
phone calls in the middle of the afternoon to insure that one of the above mentioned kids survives the day.
I love my friend Shannon and know that our friendship will last into the eternities, so today I will wish her a Happy Birthday and a year better than the last!!

I truly believe that some friendships will last into the eternities and ours is one of them.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I couldn't have asked for a better friendship! You are super good to me! Thank you! This post means so much to me, and seriously made me cry. I am SURE that our Heavenly Father sent you to be my friend so I could survive my adolencence! (and among other things too!) All those things that you listed made me laugh. Do you think your mom will ever forgive me for the jumping out the window incident? I love you Cari! You are one of the greatest people I know!

Dale said...

Hey, we added your blog to ours!!! I'm glad we found it!! How the heck are you guys? How are the cub scouts Lanceo?

Hello! said...

Fruit loop sandwichs? Hmmm... I might just try it. I do love me some potato chip sandwichs. Are you making homemade donuts tonight for Halloween? My belly misses them...

Julie said...

We found your blog too! I hop it's okay that we added you to ours. It's so fun to keep in touch with everyone!