Saturday, September 13, 2008

We have a patio

Lets see we've been in our house for over 3 years. For all that time we have had a big pile of dirt and rocks in the backyard where we hoped to one day put a patio. Last week I was off of work the whole week and actually got something done. Hopefully, it works out. :-)
We were able to get all the flag stone for free from my parents (long story). Thanks Mom and Dad!
As you can see we even put in a sandbox for the girls. They are pretty excited. Just ignore the dirt in the bottom corner. That is the transition to the side of the house another story....
My plans worked out better then I thought and I was able to finish in time for Gordon's baby blessing last Sunday. The girls and I were able to give Cari her birthday present early so we were able to use it when all our friends and family came over.
I fear the sandbox maybe a bit too small when all the friends come over. Oh well, it worked out.
The girls made me put this one on the blog. They love "the flag of our country!"
For anyone like me that loves some in progress shots here is a slide show. Nothing fancy. I didn't get any before pictures like I was hoping too.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Great work, it looks wonderful! I call a BBQ at the Jessup's house.

Campbell said...

That looks GREEEEAT!! Have fun out on your patio.

Hello! said...

Looks fabulous! We had a sandbox when I was a kid and my most vivid memory is always finding cat poop buried. Your kids might get that same memory...