Monday, August 11, 2008

Please welcome the newest addition to our family

Today we welcomed a new baby to our family. "Peanut Strawberry Jessup" was born at 1:30 pm today weighing in at 7 pounds 9 ounces and 20.5 inches long

The baby has been doing very well and seems to be a very good natured little one. We have only heard a little bit of crying all day. This picture is only minutes after the birth. Look at how calm the little one is.
Cari and the baby are both doing very well. The hardest part of the day was drawing some blood from Cari. After that it was all down hill from there. We watched August Rush and by then it was time to push. After about 4 contractions we had a new baby.
Lainey is very excited about the new baby. She is also very excited to point out we are now a family of 5. Lilly is still a little unsure about this, but she seems to like the baby.



The girls were actually able to be present during the baby's first bath. They did it in the room so Cari was able to watch it this time. Lainey liked holding the baby's hand during the bath. I was doing the bath so I don't have any pictures of that.

Gotta kiss the baby...

Lilly of course needed some time with mom. :-)

We had a lot of friends and family come and visit and call us on the phone. It is so great to have so much support. Thanks everyone, we really enjoyed your company and love today.

Grandpa Renn (Cari's dad)

Grandma Cindy (Cari's mom)

Grandpa Jessup (Lance's dad)

Grandma Jessup (Lance's mom)

Aunt Jana (Cari's sister-in-law), who took the girls last night and today. Thanks Jana!

Cousin Keatley
Cousin Cael

Aunt Ashley (Lance's sister) and her daughter Kaylee

Our friends, the Kingsleys and Combs visited us, Caroline and Melissa are pictured. Sorry Mike and Dan no pictures of you. You know how it is; we aren't really important when it comes to this kind of thing. :-) Thanks for coming guys.
Sorry Caroline, not the best picture, but it is with the baby and that is what counts!


Oh I guess I should also say that the baby is a boy for all those who were wondering. :-) We thought we had a name picked out when the baby came, but we have had some impressions that it may need to be different. We are still trying to figure everything out. Hopefully, we can nail it down soon. :-)

14 comments:

Julie said...

CONGRATULATIONS on having a cute baby boy on the best day of the year...my birthday! I can't wait to hear his name! Good luck with your little guy!

Julie said...

P.S. Cari...you look GREAT!

Hello! said...

YAY!!!!
I think you should keep him named Peanut.
Congratulations :) I guess this means you aren't coming to girls nite tonight. Good thing you have an excellent excuse...

Shannon said...

Congrats! I am super excited for you guys! What a beautiful little guy! Sorry I can't come and see him. When I feel better I promise I will come!

Love you guys!

Salina said...

So glad your little guy is here finally! Congrats you guys! Does he have a hint of red in that hair?? Maybe you should name him "Trouble #2"!! (Hopefully he won't be!)

Campbell said...

Congratulations Jessup 5!! What a cute little guy. And I have to agree with Julie....you do look great, Cari.

R Clan said...

Congratulations....and I guessed right! Yay for me.

Cindi said...

Congratulations! He is a cutie! I guessed right too! I'll come visit when you get home!

Jane said...

Congratulations. What a cute little guy you have! You are right, he looks like Lilly. What a cutie, I can't wait to hold him!!! Yipee a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simply Tickled Pink and Blue said...

I knew it!! Congrats!!

Alisha said...

How adorable! Congrats! You are starting to even out the gender scale in your family :) I'm happy for you guys! Post more pictures when you can...I LOVE BABIES! hehe

Dan and Melissa said...

He is so cute! I can't wait to see him again:) Also can't wait to have the girls over...I'm missing Katie and Sharon so much so it will be great.
We love you guys and know you're going to do great.

Christensen Family said...

We are so happy for you! Glad that everything went well and how fun to have a BOY!

Emily said...

CONGRATS!! A BOY!! :)