Friday, May 16, 2008

Seattle Trip Day 2

This morning we started out with a trip to Pikes Market. If you haven't been there it is a big open air market similar to a farmers market. Plan on spending a few hours, there so much to see.

The best things to get there are:
Donuts from the Daily Donut shop. They are little but hot and very good.
Flowers, you can get huge beautiful bouquets for very cheap.
Crab, you can buy crab and have it packed right to send on the airplane. Fresh seafood is so much better than what we get in Utah.
Crafts, artisans set up their stuff and sell it.




For those that don't know, Cari's maiden name is Crump. Need I say more...

After visiting one shop twice for Grandma Cindy, we went to The French Crepe for lunch. It was good. I think I like Taste of Europe a little better though.

We then went to the Space Needle. We went to the top and saw the gorgeous views of the city. I mostly sat because I was just so darn tired.





Cari decided to call her mom since Lance was a bit boring during the day :-) Jezz, can't we get a vacation from the mother-in-law??? :-) Cari had to tell her about the kaleidescope we went back for, see picture above.


We then went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, I had a Navajo sandwich and Lance had a California chicken and avacado sandwich. I was so full by dessert I didn't have any. Lance tried their Apple Carmel Cheesecake, he said it was "MMMMMMMM, Deliciouso!"

We then went to a show called "Late Night Catechism". It was really funny. There was one actress (a Nun) and she really involves the audience in her show. I got to be the monitor during the intermission. She was very funny and teased but was very respectful of all religions. I even got a Jesus Pencil. The setting of the play was in a classroom, as monitor the people around me said I should write on the board the answers she had asked us to discuss while she was gone. I got up onto the stage and started writing when a woman from the theater very meanly came up and told me that "Mam, I can't allow you to do that", or something to that affect. All the people who noticed said I should do it again, but I was afraid I would have been kicked out of the show.
The lady was a little scary.

All in all we have had a very fun busy trip. I have had a lot of fun memories come back from previous trips. Lots of fun memories of my siblings; Rachel, Cameron and Tyler. So Lance has gotten to hear about all of them whether he wanted to or not!!

2 comments:

regibells said...

What a fun trip! I would love to visit there someday. Great pictures too.

Emily said...

WOW!! Looks like you guys had a GREAT time! I finally had a minute to catch up on your blog--glad to know you guys are up to some fun! Hugs!