Saturday, February 6, 2010

Brussel Sprouts?

Recently while in the grocery store I had the grand idea of letting the girls each pick a vegetable. I was a little nervous about what we would come home with. On our first round we ended up with yellow squash and purple cauliflower. The squash didn't go over so well.


On our next trip we ended up with brussel sprouts and turnips. We tried the sprouts tonight and I must say I liked them (even Lance liked them). Of course after steaming them for a couple of minutes I lightly sauted them in butter, salt and pepper. All in all it has been a great way to mix some variety into our dinners and a great way to get the kids to eat their veggies.

(Can you guess who keeps picking the purple ones?)
I wonder what next weeks grocery trip will bring to our house.....

7 comments:

Mike Kingsley said...

Brussel Sprouts are good. What did you do with the turnips?

Jessup Jive said...

I haven't done anything with those yet. I think I might roast them and mash them.

Jane said...

cute idea! I love that there has been a purple vegetable both times! Purple eggplant next time?

Joni said...

You are too fun! I bet your girls LOVE that. I think the purple veges are so funny!

*~Petra~* said...

I LOVE brussel sprouts. :) That is an awesome idea... I wonder if it would work with my kids? I might have to try it. :)

Dan and Melissa said...

What a great idea! You know I still can't stomach brussel srouts (my mom would make us eat them;)

Jessup Jive said...

Jane you were right, egg plant this week. Artichokes too.