Saturday, December 12, 2009

It seems every year around Christmas time I decide that I need to make someone a quilt. I never intended it to become a yearly thing but I really enjoy it. It got a little better this year when my mom let me borrow her fancy quilting frames. She told me I could just keep them at my house because I quilt more than she does. They sure make things easier. This quilt was put up for an activity day service project. We didn't get it done so I started working on it. Lainey and Lilly kept begging to try. So I showed Lainey what to do and to my utter amazement she picked it up immediately. Lilly cannot be left out and had to give it a try as well. Lilly didn't do quite as well but what can you expect she is 3. I think this will become something I will treasure and love to do with my girls in years to come. I am excited I have some material left over and will be making 1-2 more quilts this year.



P.S. This picture cracks me up so I thought I would throw it in there. Yes this is Gordie

2 comments:

Cindi said...

That is neat that you make quilts! I have my Mom's quilt frames at my house right now with the intentions of making at least 2 blankets- one for Ryan and one for Michael. I hope they'll be done before Christmas but the way I am going it will be after Christmas before I even get it started! :)

*~Petra~* said...

Aw, what a nice memory for your girls! And I love Gordon in the dress... Dee used to do that to Mike Jr all the time when he was little... much to the chagrin of her father. :)