Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dear, Grandpa Bill, Grandma Call, and Grandma Leona


To my very loving and dearly departed Grandparents
You all wanted redheaded children of your own but alas as the redheaded gene is ressesive you were not blessed to have such a child. As you have all moved on to the other side and are viewing your posterity from heaven, you have decided that there needs to be a few more redheads in the family. This blessing has skipped a few generations with the exception of one, till now.
I have been one the grandchildren blessed with one of the redheads you are dishing out. Her name is Lilly after her Grandma Call who was also a redhead.

Her daddy calls her fireball,
her Momma calls her fiesty,
and so her temper flares at will
our little red head imp master.

Yet to trade her would her
would be our hearts disaster.

And to you my Grandparents I say "Thank you, may I have another"

Love you, and Miss you
Love
Cari
PS, these are some of the things you missed out on;
shampoo in the toilet, (yes it makes bubbles when you flush)
stickers on the new TV
gift cards in the disk drive
giving baby brother blue icee
etc, and that is in just 2 days


2 comments:

Alisha said...

Cari! That is SO SWEET! I could take this exact posting and put it on my blog (with a few names changed). I know how you feel, but I love how you said it!!

Aren't red heads great!? They sure keep ya on your toes.

Dan and Melissa said...

Cari, I love this post. You are such a good example to me of showing your children love even when they are being stinks! I honestly love Lilly...she's such a spunky smart little thing. She's be your doctor (just wait and see)